15 Disgusting Ingredients You’re Eating Right Now
#15 Pink Slime
This delicious looking stuff is in a lot of processed fast food meat like chicken nuggets and hamburgers.
#14 Coal Tar
This product is listed among the “dangerous goods” identified by the UN. It’s also labelled “Allura Red AC” and used to dye certain candy, soda and other food products red.
You’ve most likely seen borax in some of your favorite household cleaners. It’s also used in caviar as a preservative. That’s one way to get clean from the inside out.
#12 Phosphoric Acid
If you’re a fan of violent gangster movies, you’ll know phosphoric acid as the stuff they put in vats to dissolve bodies. Manufacturers also use it in soda. It’s what gives your favorite drink its acidity.
Yup, ground-up bits of wood. Manufacturers put it in shredded cheese to keep the shreds from sticking together. In the ingredients it’s listed as cellulose.
#10 Calf Stomach
If you like cheese, you also like claf stomachs. When they are processed they’re called rennet and they’re used to help turn milk into cheese.
They call it silicon dioxide to keep you from getting grossed out. But it’s sand. And you can find it in fast food products like Wendy’s chili.
#8 Duck Feathers and Human Hair
They’re cooked down into an amino acid and used in a lot of big-label bagged bread.
#7 Sheep’s Oily Secretions
And it’s in your chewing gum. In the ingredients its listed as lanolin. It makes it softer and easier to chew. Mmm…
#6 Fish Bladders
How much do you love a tall, cold glass of beer on a hot day? Well you should know that some beer contains something called “isinglass” which is really just fish bladders. They give some beer its golden yellow color.
Ever met a vegetarian who won’t eat Jell-o? It’s because it contains collagen made from the connective tissue that holds animal bones together.
Bone char is made from charred animal bones. It is used in white sugar to filter it and leach out an color impurities.
Anal gland secretions and urine to be exact. It’s called castoreum and you can check for it in the ingredients of certain brands of vanilla ice cream and certain raspberry-flavored foods.
Look in the ingredients list on some of your favorite red-colored foods. If you find carmine in the list, you’ve been eating ground up red beetle shells. They’re used as a natural (if disgusting) red dye.
Yes, the metal that they mine from the ground. It’s processed to form titanium dioxide and used to make white things whiter. You’re likely to find it in non-dairy creamers, icing and white salad dressing. And sometimes, it even contains lead.
173 Notes/ Hide
- notyourjennyfromtheblock likes this
- superchargedimagination reblogged this from epic-humor
- lesbians-are-us reblogged this from epic-humor
- ihavekalopsia reblogged this from epic-humor
- ananoduerme likes this
- dare-to-dream-about-1d reblogged this from epic-humor
- dare-to-dream-about-1d likes this
- grassgetsgreener reblogged this from epic-humor
- messyminddressyclothes reblogged this from epic-humor and added:
- my-first-url likes this
- dorkyrelations likes this
- dorkyrelations reblogged this from epic-humor
- orgasmatr0n likes this
- elssieh reblogged this from geefmijmaaramsterdam
- chivi-chivik likes this
- geefmijmaaramsterdam reblogged this from epic-humor
- en-vi likes this
- onepieceness reblogged this from epic-humor
- nicocacola88 likes this
- luvrr likes this
- ycnantran likes this
- thestonerdiariesxo likes this
- lostprinny likes this
- lessrissa reblogged this from epic-humor
- fearleess-stuppid reblogged this from epic-humor
- rachelll reblogged this from stephanie-maye and added:
- luvlana likes this
- superchargedimagination likes this
- lovarei likes this
- lovarei reblogged this from epic-humor
- oceanandoceanoffeels reblogged this from epic-humor
- stephanie-maye reblogged this from epic-humor
- cempai likes this
- k41nzzz likes this
- kyleisginger reblogged this from epic-humor
- boneblaster likes this
- myoddshapes reblogged this from epic-humor and added:
- verymodestmouse likes this
- konig-chan likes this
- loudcountrygirl reblogged this from epic-humor
- chameleoningthrough reblogged this from epic-humor
- k41nzzz reblogged this from epic-humor
- cottoncandygallows likes this
- adrian1148 likes this
- arciifer likes this
- ilikeitspoopy likes this
- roboshittingrainbows likes this
- dubchika reblogged this from epic-humor
- themenaceto-society likes this
- tdex808 likes this